Public records requests may be made in writing, by email, phone, or fax to the Public Records Officer at:
Public Records Officer
Department of Enterprise Services
1500 Jefferson Street E
PO Box 42445
Olympia, WA 98504-2445
Ph: (360) 407-8768
Fx: (360) 407-9176
Please include the following so that we can respond or contact you to ask for clarification if necessary:
- Your name, address, and telephone number or e-mail address.
- A description of the record(s) requested.
How long will it take?
Within five business days of receiving the request, the department will respond and either:
- Make the requested record(s) available;
- Make a portion of the records available in installments as they are assembled;
- Deny the request; or
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond.
- Charges- DES will notify you of any charges which may include costs of copying paper records, cost of CD or DVD. Currently DES charges $0.15/ image for copies and $0.18 for CD/DVD. Postage is additional.
Special note about records requests to Department of Enterprise Services
Enterprise Services combines the complete services from the former departments of General Administration and Printing. Some programs from the former departments of Personnel and Information Services were also consolidated into Enterprise Services, as well as sections of the Office of Financial Management.
We will work with you to ensure that your records request is properly assigned.