The goal of the Time, Leave and Attendance (TLA) Program is an efficient time, leave and attendance process that can work for all of state government.
Initially, the program will focus on implementations at the Departments of Transportation and Ecology. (See Partnerships) To learn about the Program's current activities and the pre-implementation schedule, see Schedule of Activities.
The ideal TLA solution should automate the common business rules of all agencies, while balancing the unique business needs of each agency.
- Upgrade technology -- agencies currently use a variety of methods to record time, many rely on paper-based processes that require multiple steps
- Eliminate redundancy -- there are more than 100 timekeeping systems being used by state agencies
Accuracy and consistency of data
- Adopt standard timekeeping procedures
- Standardize data naming conventions
Service delivery and access to information
- Custom reports
- Interfaces with financial and HR systems