- Construction update:
- During the week of May 22, crews will continue sidewalk and landscaping work along the sides of the 1063 Block Replacement Project. Impacts to traffic include an all-day closure of 11th Avenue on Tuesday, May 23, and intermittent lane closures on 11th Ave. and Capitol Way. During this work, flaggers will be in place and traffic delays are expected to be minimal.
- Work to install a stormwater system also will continue. While work is performed, an access road and portions of the hillside between the 1063 project and Heritage Park will be closed to pedestrians, with a detour routing pedestrians to a nearby walking path. Signs will mark areas that are closed to the public.
- In addition, there will be some short-term closures to vehicle traffic along the access road when work trucks enter and leave the site. A flagger will be on hand to direct vehicle traffic.Some parking spots in the lot near the General Administration Building also will be unavailable during the work.
- Work on the stormwater system is expected to be finished in mid-June.
- Dash Detour – Due to the frequent closures of 11th Avenue next to the construction site, Intercity Transit has modified the Dash shuttle route on the west Capitol Campus. Go to Intercity Transit's website (under "Alerts") for details.
- Work hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Size of completed building: five-stories, 215,000 square feet
- Planned tenants:
- Washington State Patrol
- Parts of the Office of Financial Management
- Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC)
- Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program Committee (LEAP)
- Joint Legislative Systems Committee (LSC)
- Parts of the Office of the State Treasurer
- Scheduled final completion date: August 2017
1063 Construction Site (image refreshes every 15 minutes)
Send us an email: 1063BlockProject@des.wa.gov.