Master Contracts & Consulting update on Vendor Management Fee Process - New!
*Please note that this program is changing*
All membership to the Washington State Purchasing Cooperative (Co-op) will end as of June 30, 2013. This program will cease to function as of July 1, 2013 and be replaced by the Master Contracts Usage Agreement (MCUA).
What is the Co-op?
The Washington State Purchasing Cooperative (Co-op) is a program through which non-state agency organizations can access State goods & services contracts. Co-op members save millions annually by “pooling” their purchases through state contracts. As a volume purchaser, the state collectively negotiates better rates for goods and services saving buyers valuable budget dollars.
Who can join the Co-op?
- Washington state cities, counties & municipalities (“political subdivisions”)
- Tribal entities
- Non-profit organization with 501(C)3 tax status that are receiving local, state or federal government either directly or through a political subdivision
How do I join?
- If your organization is a part of a state agency or higher education institution, you are already a member.
- If your organization is not part of a state agency, first check the political subdivision cooperative current member list. If you are not on this list:
- Request the current Co-op membership agreement (sample) by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of your organization in the email.
- We will send you two copies of the agreement, which you must complete, sign, and return to the Department of Enterprise Services for processing.
- One fully signed copy will be returned to you for your records.
- File a copy of the agreement with your county auditor (non-profit and political subdivisions)
What can I buy?
You can purchase a wide variety of goods and services. Contracts are searchable. The following are a few examples of the most-used contracts:
- Vehicles (heavy duty and passenger)
- Office equipment and supplies
- Purchasing card
- Infant formula
- Radio equipment
- Emission inspection service
- Industrial supplies
- Travel services
- Landscaping equipment
- Paint (various kinds)
- Electronic monitoring services
- Electrical supplies
How do I make a purchase with a state contract?
Once you have a current co-op membership:
- Use our contract search to find a contract or learn about special purchasing programs
- Identify a vendor on the contract you wish to use
- Contact the vendor citing the contract number you wish to use, contract name, and your organization’s co-op membership number (found on the signature page of the membership agreement).
What if I have additional questions?
- Call (360) 407-9396 or send email to email@example.com
- Please reference the “Co-op” when asking your question.
Services - State Agencies & Co-op
The following services are available as part of the Purchasing Administrative Fee (PAF) & Co-op membership:
*Some contracts not usable by Co-op members due to scope and language
How much does it cost?
Membership fees are based on a organization’s reported annual budget expenditures. See Master Contracts & Consulting Fees for more information.