In addition to state surplus items, some organizations may also qualify to receive property the federal government no longer needs. This includes federal vehicles available on our public surplus online auction site. Enterprise Services Surplus Operations also manages the following federal programs:
Personal Property Program
Organizations that can participate in this program include:
- State and public agencies
- Nonprofit educational and public health agencies
- Nonprofit and public programs for the elderly
- Service Educational Activities (SEA’s) such as the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and American Red Cross
- Providers of assistance to the impoverished
- Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) contractor firms
Participation in the program may require recipients to pay a service charge to cover handling, transportation, and administrative expenses. These charges are based partly on the value of the property. For more information on eligibility requirements, see eligible organizations and activities. You can also contact us at (360) 407-1915 for details on how your organization can participate.
1033 Law Enforcement Program
The National Defense Authorization Act authorizes the Secretary of Defense to transfer excess Department of Defense personal property to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. Special consideration is provided to counter-drug and counter-terrorism activities. For more information on this program, see Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO), or contact us at (360) 407-1915.