LEED quality assurance process
How we can help
DES is available throughout the design and construction of State facilities for consultation regarding LEED and reporting requirements. DES also helps in the design of cost effective, energy efficient buildings through the Energy Life Cycle Cost Analysis process. DES can provide State project assistance in the following ways:
- Participate in an Eco-Charrette or Green Building Workshop early in the design process. (no cost)
- Provide Build-It LEED training to the general contractor selected for the construction of State projects. This should be done soon after selection (no cost).
- Building commissioning scope development and oversight services(fee for service).
DES focuses on the tracking of State LEED projects through design and construction, and collects and compiles data regarding those projects. Reporting is provided to the Legislature every even year (pursuant to RCW 39.35D) to include energy and water consumption, renewable energy production, and water recovery of these projects through 2016.
DES continues to research viable energy and water efficiency strategies and equipment, as well as other green building strategies and products. Building metering for energy and water consumption is another area where DES continues to investigate for the best and most cost effective approaches to facilitate the ongoing reporting requirements, while keeping the impact on operating staff to a minimum. The DES Green Building website provides updated information in the following areas:
- Case studies
- State LEED building tracking through design and construction
- Cost and savings tabulation
- Actual energy and water consumption report