You are here

Home » Services » HR & Finance » Employee Assistance Program (EAP) » Providers » How do I become an EAP Network Provider?

How do I become an EAP Network Provider?


The Washington State EAP accepts applications from qualified behavioral health professionals on an ongoing basis. Providers offer short-term EAP counseling, or “assessments,” and may additionally provide Critical Incident Stress Debriefings, EAP Trainings and Presentations, or represent the EAP at benefits and wellness fairs. 

The EAP seeks knowledgeable and skilled clinicians who:

  • maintain the highest level of ethical and confidentiality standards,
  • have experience delivering EAP services or other short-term, solution-focused interventions, 
  • are passionate about supporting public servants,
  • have the ability to routinely serve EAP clients within 2-3 business days
  • possess broad knowledge of community resources, and
  • are able to effectively serve diverse populations with respect and expertise.

Minimum qualifications to apply include:

  • a current, unrestricted and unencumbered license to practice a clinical mental health profession by the appropriate licensing board in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho, in one of the following disciplines: 
    • Psychology
    • Clinical Social Work
    • Marriage and Family Therapy
    • Professional Counseling or Mental Health Counseling, 
  • a history of ethical, competent practice, as documented by your licensing authority and self-attestation,
  • a minimum of 2 years of full-time clinical experience after you are fully licensed (this means that after having your associate license and then receiving your full independent licensure, you need to have an additional 2 years of full-time clinical experience or 4 years of part-time clinical experience to qualify)
  • an office that is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant, and
  • current professional liability insurance and commercial general liability insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 annual aggregate. 

The Washington State Employee Assistance program is seeking to contract with qualified providers in the following cities/counties within Washington State:

Belfair (Mason Co.) Moses Lake (Grant Co.)
Bremerton (Kitsap Co.) Mount Vernon (Skagit Co.)
Buckley (Pierce Co.) Poulsbo (Kitsap Co.)
Burlington (Skagit Co.) Pullman (Whitman Co.)
Chehalis/ Centrailia (Lewis Co.) Puyallup (Pierce Co.)
Ellensburg (Kittitas Co.) Renton (King Co.)
Enumclaw (King Co.) Shelton (Mason Co.)
Federal Way (King Co.) Shoreline (King Co.)
Forks (Clallam Co.) Walla Walla (Walla Walla Co.)
Issaquah (King Co.) Yakima (Yakima Co.)


We are also seeking providers in the following Idaho and Oregon locations:

Moscow (Latah Co.) Portland (Multnomah Co.)
Lewiston (Nez Perce Co.)


Any interested applicants whose office locations are not listed above are still welcome to apply, but we recommend contacting the EAP first to ensure there is a genuine need for EAP services in your area. Call 877-313-4455 or email     


Frequently Asked Questions 
Before applying, please read FAQ to learn more about becoming a contracted provider. For additional information, contact EAP at or 360-407-9490.


Application Form
Please allow several weeks for us to process your application.