This course is designed to help guide an ongoing and cooperative relationship between the supervisor and employee that focuses on results. This workshop will describe, in plain talk, how the PDP process is an integral part of performance management. You will learn tips and tools for goal setting, how to develop outcome performance measures, and conduct collaborative discussions, as well as practice using the state Performance & Development Plan forms.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the PDP process and how it fits into performance management.
- Define the key results and key competencies expected in the position.
- Write measurable and/or behaviorally observable assessment statements.
- Prepare for conducting a collaborative feedback session.
- Create strategies for keeping the plan alive.
Competencies covered in this course: Performance Management
Intended Audience: Public Sector Supervisors & Managers