This course will assist you in understanding the important aspects of delivering presentations. You will learn how to organize information in a logical order and present the information in a confident credible manner.
You will learn how your body language, gestures, and level of personal stress can affect your presentation. You will further learn to choose the best type of presentation for the audience.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the difference between making a presentation and teaching a class.
- Overcome communication barriers.
- Define goals of the presentation.
- Project your voice and use pauses to make their point.
- Know your audience needs and plan accordingly.
- Organize and lay out information in a logical order.
Competencies covered in this course: Teaching & training; verbal communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.