This course will provide you with the concepts, skills, and techniques needed to design an effective classroom training session. The emphasis of this course will be placed on identifying and analyzing training needs, choosing the right training design approach, selecting appropriate training methods, writing behavioral-stated training objectives, preparing lesson plans, and understanding the importance of evaluating the training.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify and analyze training needs.
- Choose the right training design approach.
- Develop and write behavioral stated training objectives.
- Select and apply appropriate training methods and training techniques (e.g. role playing, small group discussions, etc.) including appropriate steps to sequence learning for adults
- Prepare a lesson plan.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
Competencies covered in this course: Teaching & training, verbal communication
Intended Audience: Public sector employees.