(Former Title: HELP II: Preventing Discrimination, Harassment & Managing Accommodations)
In this Leadership Liability Prevention Academy (LLPA) course you will learn your role as managers and supervisors in preventing workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and managing reasonable accommodations. You will be updated on the current laws and learn skills to prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace. Using real workplace situations, you will learn how to avoid discrimination and harassment claims. You will also learn to effectively address complaints of harassment and/or reasonable accommodation situations and avoid legal liability for failure to accommodate.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Know the latest case law on discrimination, harassment and accommodations.
- Understand the principals of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Know the Federal and State laws governing discrimination.
- Effectively resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment and comply with legal responsibilities.
- Manage an organization effectively in relation to non-discrimination.
- Understand your role in reasonable accommodation and plan effectively to comply with the recent changes in reasonable accommodation law.
Competencies covered in this course: Inclusiveness and communication effectiveness
Intended Audience: Supervisors, managers and HR professionals.