This class covers how you as an HR professional develops, implements and evaluates activities and programs that address employee training and development, performance appraisal, talent and performance management, and the unique needs of employees, to ensure that the knowledge, skills, abilities and performance of the workforce meet current and future organizational and individual needs.
This program has been approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®).
Performance Objectives: At completion of this course you should be able to:
- Ensure that HR development programs are compliant with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Develop/select and implement employee training programs to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Apply proper training design and evaluation methods.
- Develop/select and evaluate performance appraisal programs and processes.
- Implement training programs for performance evaluators.
- Recognize general organizational development theories and applications
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance management programs and procedures. (goal setting, job rotations, promotions, etc)
- Recognize and match appropriate training methods, facilitation techniques, instructional methods, program delivery mechanisms to the participant’s needs.
Competencies covered in this course: Human resources development and evaluation activities.
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills.
Prerequisites: Human Resource Essentials.