This class covers developing, implementing/administering and evaluating programs, plans and policies that provide a safe and secure working environment and to protect the organization from liability.
This program has been approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®).
Performance Objectives: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand and apply Federal, state and local workplace health, safety, security and privacy laws and regulations
- Develop and administer occupational injury and illness compensation programs
- Develop and administer occupational injury and illness prevention programs
- Describe investigation procedures of workplace safety, health and security enforcement agencies
- Assess workplace safety risks
- Assess workplace security risks
- Identify potential violent behavior and workplace violence conditions
- Develop general health and safety practices
- Develop incident and emergency response plans
- Describe internal investigation, monitoring and surveillance techniques
- Understand issues related to substance abuse and dependency
- Develop and monitor business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Identify data integrity techniques and technology
- Develop and administer internal and external privacy policies
Competencies covered in this course: Risk management as it relates to human resources.
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills.