Organizations that have the right change rollout conversations and involve the right people at the right times are the most successful. Organizations that are clear about their decision making criteria and how each member is expected to input are more productive. This program leads you through an assessment of these processes in your organization and for your teams. It teaches strategies to immediately elevate functioning and provides templates for keeping the improvement focused and on track in the future.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental components of the change “process”.
- Assess yourself on three key steps in helping groups manage change.
- Frame the change conversation so that leaders and influencers will get on board.
- Understand the impact that change has on employees and customers.
- Create a communications plan that insures change deliverables are achieved.
- Use the best components of your organizational culture to drive ethical decisions.
- Practice assessing root causes of issues, rather than treating symptoms.
- Utilize a simple, energizing problem solving model to use with your staff.
- Identify the flow of typical conversations and various ways you get stuck.
- Practice five key facilitator practices: Observing behaviors, eliciting clear communications, challenging assumptions, speaking with tact, and maintaining group energy.
- Identify meeting behaviors that shoot progress in the foot and what to do about them.
- Participate in actual problem solving practice and receive real time feedback in the training.
Competencies covered in this course: Performance Leadership, Communications Effectiveness, Problem Solving, and Facilitation.
Intended audience: Mid-level functional or technical managers who want to grow in leadership standing and in their ability to influence positive organizational outcomes. Also team leads and supervisors who want to learn about management for future roles.