Would you like to have a solid foundation of the concepts of SQL Server before delving into the complexities of Microsoft’s most powerful database application? This introductory course covers the essentials for anyone who is new to SQL Server. Practical, hands-on exercises will help reinforce the key features of database design, creation, testing, and deployment.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss how a SQL Server database works.
- Install SQL Server Express.
- Design simple tables.
- Retrieve and manipulate data with simple T-SQL queries.
- Make and use views.
- Insert, update and delete in SQL Databases.
- Have a basic understanding of triggers and functions.
- Become familiar with indexes.
- Have a plan of where to go from here with SQL
Competencies covered in this class:Database Administration and Management.
Intended Audience: Anyone who wants a basic overview of SQL Server.
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with relational database concepts or have taken the Relational Database Fundamentals class.