To hold successful accountability conversations requires preparation, self-management, and skills to talk about the gaps between observed and expected outcomes.
This course offers tools for addressing and resolving violated expectations, broken commitments, challenging behavior and inadequate performance. These concepts, tools and strategies empower one to hold focused conversations that directly address accountability gaps and solve challenges through joint involvement.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Manage emotions before and during accountability conversations.
- Prepare and plan for the conversation.
- Express gaps in observed-outcomes versus expected-outcomes.
- Create and maintain safety throughout conversations.
- Explore, with others, underlying causes in ability and motivation.
- Generate ideas and action steps jointly with others to address specific causes.
Competencies covered in this class: Communication effectiveness
Intended Audience: Public sector employees in lead positions.