This 2-day course addresses the importance of program alignment with organizational strategic goals, and the benefits that are provided by the program. This alignment ensures management support of the program and significantly enhances the chance of program success. Discussion focuses on benefits identification, analysis and planning, and benefits delivery, transition and sustainment. The development and application of specific tools, such as the Benefits Register, Benefits Realization Plan and benefits realization reporting is emphasized through presentation and applications of real-life cases and exercises. Specific approaches and program management tools and templates will be addressed and provided.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply the principles of benefits alignment with organizational strategic goals
- Understand the importance of defining benefits in the context of the organization and its stakeholders
- Understand and apply the principles of benefits identification to ensure project success
- Include stakeholders in the identification of program benefits
- Analyze benefits, plan for their delivery, and measure benefit delivery outcomes
- Create and utilize a Benefits Register
- Create a Benefits Realization Plan
- Create and understand the need for benefits realization reporting
- Address the need for refreshing the program’s benefit inventory and plans
Audience: Employees whose work involves the planning and management of programs. This course applies to private, public, government municipal and federal entities.
Prerequisites: Program Management.