This course is designed to improve your note-taking skills. Readers often complain that the meeting minutes hide the action items and decisions inside pages full of wordy, pointless text. In this course, you'll learn how to write your meeting minutes and notes in a style that will meet the needs of today's reader-in-a-rush. Topics will include: preparing to take notes, gathering and organizing the raw material, writing clearly and concisely, formatting the final draft, and indexing minutes for quick recovery. With guidance from the instructor, you will think through and create your own unique tools for these tasks. Come prepared to sharpen and enhance your note-taking skills.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify what information your readers will need.
- Take notes efficiently.
- Decide what does and does not belong in the final draft.
- Arrange material in an inviting format.
- Word the final draft clearly and concisely.
- Index notes for easy access to any subject.
Competencies covered in this course: Written communication
Intended Audience: Employees who write minutes or meeting notes.