Leaders need to express their ideas in a manner that is more than just “acceptable”. They need to express themselves in a manner that will be remembered.
This course is aimed at helping you develop your leadership potential. You will explore the powerful role that language plays in helping leaders to support their position and create a climate of credibility and legitimacy. You will learn how to communicate in a more positive, optimistic, and empowering manner to help encourage commitment and self-confidence in others.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Use positive speech at work.
- Know the crucial impact of words.
- Know the importance of empowering others.
- Make your communications memorable.
- Adapt your approach to meet your audience.
- Use “invitational” speech.
Competencies covered in this class: Communication effectiveness, verbal communication
Intended Audience: Public sector manager or supervisor.