Preparing for Your Recruitment-Checklist
Below is a check list for recruiters that identifies the basic steps generally taken when preparing to recruit for a position. We’ve added some links to take you directly to additional tools and information. To decrease the time it takes to fill a position, many of these activities can be completed before you have a vacancy.
- HR needs assessment completed; meets written policies and procedures of agency.
- Job Analysis is completed; review of competencies and qualifications is done.
- Current Position Description Form (PDF) (Word File) has been reviewed and updated.
- Unique marketing features for the position, unit, agency have been identified e.g., flexible work schedule, great location, free parking, etc.
- Run layoff report.
- Check General Government Transition Pool.
- Recruitment plan (Word File) is developed with timeline as required by WAC.
- Marketing strategy is developed; plan to reach a diverse pool of candidates developed.
- If this position is traditionally hard-to-fill, what specialized recruitment strategies will be used to attract hard-to-find qualified candidates?
- Roles, recruitment tasks and timelines defined for each. oles, recruitment tasks and timelines defined for each.
- Full recruitment required. Requisition, posting, publication, screening/assessment, certification with job seeker applying through careers.wa.gov.
- Limited recruitment required. Requisition, posting, publication on careers.wa.gov with job seeker sending applicant packet to agency contact.
- Selection process identified.
- If a large candidate pool is expected, use assessment tools (questionnaires, rating scales, etc) to refine the candidate list.
- Email Us
- Toll Free (877)-664-1960
- TTY (for deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired): 7-1-1