Capitol Campus Energy Meter Installation
DES is replacing energy meters and installing data collection equipment to standardize building energy use and efficiency tracking in buildings on the Capitol Campus. This work is part of DES’ efforts to meet existing state energy monitoring requirements, and future energy efficiency requirements in the Clean Buildings Act, which requires certain state-owned and leased facilities to meet energy performance standards by 2026.
- Some installation work will require temporary planned power outages, DES will notify building tenants of any impacts.
- Temporary planned cooling and heating outages in certain buildings.
- Potential noise and during removal of hazardous materials in the Cherberg Building, Employment Security Building, and Powerhouse.
DES is phasing this work to minimize impacts, and the schedule is subject to change.
- Sept. 5-8: Insurance Building chilled water meters
- Sept. 11-15: Cherberg Building and O’Brien Building chilled water meters
- Late September: Pritchard Building, Executive Residence, Powerhouse chilled water meters
- October: Steam meters in
- Insurance Building
- Pritchard Building
- Office Building 2
- Highway Licenses Building
- Employment Security Department
- July 17 – Aug. 21: West Campus electrical meter replacement.
- Aug. 1-Sept. 1: East Campus electrical meter replacement.
- August: Removal of hazardous material from Cherberg Building, Employment Security Building, and Powerhouse.