Reporting an Accident Involving a State Driver

All accidents resulting in property damage or injuries involving a state vehicle or your own vehicle while driving on state business must be reported to the Department of Enterprise Services, Office of Risk Management (DES ORM) within 48 hours of the incident per the Enterprise Transportation Policy 12.30.40(13) (formally SAAM Chapter 12).

How to report an incident

If your agency has contracted for accident management services through CEI, contact CEI as described in the pamphlet located in the vehicle glove box. Contact your agency’s transportation officer if you are unsure whether CEI is a contracted service. All DES Motor Pool Vehicles are covered by the CEI contract and must be reported to CEI.

If your agency does not use CEI for accident management services, complete and submit the online:

  • State Driver Vehicle Collision Report (SF 137) then download the submitted form (SF 137) and give it to your supervisor. There is no requirement to report the accident to both CEI and DES ORM or to submit both an online form and a paper form.