Assessment and Selection
The resources and tools below can assist in assessing and selecting candidates.
Information for conducting and interpreting job analysis.
- Job Analysis Introduction (Word File)
- Job Analysis Record Form (Word File)
- Job Analysis Record Instructions (Word File)
Sample supplemental questions and tips on creating questions.
- Accounting and Finance (Word File)
- Human Resources (Word File)
- IT and Computers (Word File)
- Management and Supervision (Word File)
- Office and Administrative Support (Word File)
- Creating Supplemental Questionnaires- Tips (Word File)
Interviews and Additional Assessment and Selection Tools:
Guidance with interviews and additional assessment and selection tools.
- Interview Question Samples-Select Competencies (Word File)
- Interview Panel Briefing Samples (Word File)
- Interview Rating Scale Examples (Word File)
- Additional Assessment and Selection Tools (Word File)
Technical and Legal Information:
Technical assessment and legal information on the effectiveness of different types of tools, factors influencing their quality and accuracy, and legal requirements.
- Technical Assessment and Selection Information (Word File)
- Legal Requirements (Word File)
- Understanding Adverse Impact (Word File)
Other Useful Resources:
Information on veterans’ preference, accreditation and verifying college degrees, reference checking, and assessing your recruitment practices.
- Veterans Preference Guidance (Word File)
- Accreditation- Guidance on Degrees (Word File)
- Verifying College Degrees- FAQ’s (Word File)
- Reference Checking (Word File)
- Assessing Your Recruitment Practices (Word File)
Answers to questions on job analysis, technical and legal topics, and assessment issues.