Online Learning Resources for Workforce Development
Each month, we curate a collection of articles, videos, and other on-demand resources to support workforce learning and performance. Resources are grouped in six learning pathways.
- Workplace Culture and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI)
This training pathway provides DEI learning and growth opportunities to support workplace cultures where inclusion and belonging are centered. These resources offer a range of learning options. The views and opinions expressed in these resources are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of DES. Learn more about DEI in Washington state from the Office of Financial Management and the Office of Equity.
- Asian Americans exposed to racism may experience 'multiple medical symptoms' - article
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America’s Legacy of Enduring Injury & Healing - book
- Why A Positive Company Culture Is Especially Critical Today - article
- It's Not You, It's Your Workplace - YouTube video (00:10:24)
- Workforce Well-being and Support
Today's employees face many challenges to their well-being that can impact mental health and work performance. Promoting well-being practices and resources in the workplace helps reduce some barriers to seeking care and practicing self-care. In addition to these resources, the Washington State Employee Assistance Program offers support and resources for client organizations.
- Why Our Goals Don't Always Have to be Productive - article
- 16 Soft Reminders for When You're Setting Goals for 2023 - article
- Optimize Your Week Using the Playlist Method - article
- A Powerful Guide to Setting Intentions in 2023 - article
- General Leadership
General leadership development expands the capacity of individuals to perform in supervisory and influencer roles within teams and organizations. DES also offers leadership development training.
- 10 Proven Practices for More Productive Leadership - article
- 16 Productivity Hacks for Leaders - article
- The Relationship Between Confidence and Productivity - article
- Productive Leadership - LinkedIn Learning (24:00)
Self-leadership is the practice of intentionally influencing your thinking, feeling and actions towards your objectives.
- Getting Things Done Miniseries - video (30:00)
- Work Organization: 30 Tips to Take You from Mess to Master - article
- Four Ways to be More Productive Without Being Hard on Yourself - article
- The Gentle Art of Saying No - article
- Hybrid Work
These resources focus on the future of work in a post-pandemic environment.
- The Power of a Hybrid Culture - blog post
- Hybrid Work: Making it Fit with Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy - article
- What Employees are Saying About the Future of Remote Work - article
- It's Time for Leaders to Get Real about Hybrid - article
Comprehensive, step-by-step instruction on how to effectively understand, use, and master tasks such as how to use computer apps (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) as well as manual skills (e.g., how to use a fire extinguisher, lift a box, etc.).
- What is OneDrive? - other
- Learning OneDrive - LinkedIn Learning (00:48:00)
- What is Microsoft Teams? - other
- MS Teams Essential Training - LinkedIn Learning (03:07:00)