The Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Capitol Security Program manages physical and electronic access control for state agencies located on the Capitol Campus. These services include employee, contractor, and vendor badging, card reader installation and repair, physical key installation and repair.
Building Access Control
If you are an employee needing to obtain an access badge or identification badge:
- Work with your agency designated Access Coordinator. Not sure who that is? Contact us at 360-902-3560 DESAccessControl@des.wa.gov and we will connect you with your representative.
- Log into the system.
- In order to obtain a badge, have the following information ready to give your access coordinator:
- your name
- personnel number
- headshot photo
- office location
If you are a contractor or vendor needing to obtain an access badge or identification badge:
- Work with your contracting agency project manager who will submit your request on your behalf.
- Be prepared to provide the following information: your name, company/vendor name, contract expiration date, headshot photo
Note: orders for access badges placed in the ordering system generally take 5 business days to process. If you have an emergent need, contact Capitol Security at 360-902-3560 or DESAccessControl@des.wa.gov.
For missing or broken badges, please work with your Access Coordinator as soon as possible, and they will ensure they get you a replacement badge.
Please send all found badges to either:
- Campus Mail:
- Attn: Capitol Security, MS: 41412
- Postal Service:
- P.O. Box 41412, Olympia WA 98504
- Or drop badge off at Visitor Services on the first floor of the Legislative Building.
If your organization is interested in receiving services from capitol security or you want to begin ordering badges and/or IDs for your organization:
- Email us at DESAccessControl@des.wa.gov or give us a call at 360-902-3560 to set up your account.
Work with your internal facilities representative who can coordinate:
- Requests for a new key
- Return of keys
- Locksmith services (repair, change locks, etc.)
In order to obtain a physical key, have the following information ready to give your facilities representative: your name, door/office location for which service is requested.
Note: Once we receive the physical key request, processing is approximately 3 business days. Other request times are dependent on the scope and nature of the work.
- If you are a new tenant to the Capitol Campus, work with your assigned asset or property manager of the new space to make sure that adequate time is allotted to re-key your new tenant space.
- If you are ordering badges for a construction project on campus, please read the Contractor Access Procedure and fill out the Contractor Key Access Form and return to DESAccessControl@des.wa.gov