Register for Bid Opportunities
Businesses interested in contracting with the state must register in WEBS. Not all public agencies in Washington are required to post bid notifications in WEBS.
Get help with WEBS
- WEBS Vendor User Guide (PDF 900.79KB)
- WEBS Vendor Training (PPT 57.57MB)
- WEBS Vendor Terms & Conditions (PDF 2.96MB)
Check your email settings to receive WEBS notifications
You can add WEBSCustomerService@des.wa.gov to your safe senders list to ensure you receive important messages such as password changes, bid opportunities and award notifications.
Check for bid opportunities regularly
Even if you are registered to receive solicitation notifications regularly, we recommend you regularly check for opportunities you may have missed (this can happen when you’ve possibly missed registering for a commodity code that you could provide). You can view all current opportunities on the bid calendar without logging into WEBS or you can login to WEBS to search all available posted in greater detail.
Keep your business information updated
Update your account anytime your essential business information changes, such as contact names or email addresses.
Change your WEBS account administrator
You will need to email us at WEBSCustomerService@des.wa.gov to change your WEBS account administrator. Please send us the following information:
- Company name
- Previous administrator name (if known)
- New administrator name
- New administrator email address
- Reason for the change
Once we have updated your account, you will receive a confirmation email with login credentials.
There are two types failed logins:
- Specified User Account Invalid
WEBS has two portals, one for businesses and one for government organizations. This error message means you are attempting to login to the government site instead of the business site.
The login sites are:
Government organizations: https://pr-webs-customer.des.wa.gov/
- Invalid Account/Login Failed
This error message means the email address or password used to log in is incorrect.
- Select “Forgot My Password” on the WEBS login screen.
- Enter your email address.
- You’ll receive an email with a link to change your password. The password reset link is active for 24 hours. If you wait longer than 24 hours, you will you need to start over at step 1.
- Follow the instructions in the email to update your password. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and consist of a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- If you do not receive the email, check your spam and junk folders. Please add WEBSCustomerService@des.wa.gov to your safe senders list.
- If you are still unable to login, do not use the “Forgot My Password” link again if it has been less than 24 hours. Instead, contact us for help at (360) 902-7400 or WEBSCustomerService@des.wa.gov.
Searching in WEBS
You can search for all solicitations currently posted in WEBS:
- Log in to WEBS: https://pr-webs-vendor.des.wa.gov
- Select “Search Opportunities”
- Select “All Commodity Codes” and “All Counties”
- Select “Filter by Government Organization” in the dropdown menu
- Select the name of the organization that posted the bid opportunity
- Select the “search” button
- The bidding opportunity will be listed on the next screen.
A commodity code is a way to search for goods and services. We assign keywords to each commodity code that describes the products or services available. You can add commodity codes that match what you sell when you register in WEBS or you can log into your account and select “Manage Commodity Codes” on the welcome page.
- In the WEBS search box, use single-word searches that best describe the types of products or services you offer. For example, if you want to find all commodity codes related to lighting, you can search “electric,” “electrical,” “light,” “lighting,” “fixtures” and any other words that reflect your product.
- When you find codes that apply to your business, check the box next to them and select the “add” button. All codes are four or five digits are assigned to one of three categories: Goods, Services and Construction.
- If you do not find a commodity code that is an exact match for the product or service you sell, select the code that matches most closely.
- You may also search by NAICS codes. If you are familiar with your NAICS code, you can enter it into the search bar and the corresponding commodity code with be displayed in the search results.
If you are interested in learning about new construction projects, you can select the NIGP Commodity Code: 914-84 Trade Services Construction Non-classified.