Reservation Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register to use a state vehicle?
First time users must be authorized and registered by their Agency Transportation Officer.
- What is the Fleet Reservation System?
The Fleet Reservation System is a browser-enabled system that allows users to reserve a state vehicle at our Fones Road location, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also reserve a vehicle at our Fones Road location by contacting us in person or calling Dispatch at 360-664-9215.
- What is the INVERS Reservation System?
The INVERS Reservation System is an online system that allows users to reserve a state vehicle, pick them up and drop them off at our automated locations. The system automatically assigns and distributes vehicles based on availability, vehicle type requested and the length of your trip.
- I'm having trouble logging into any of the reservation systems. What do I do?
- I cannot make a reservation in the Fleet Reservation System because my driver's license expiration date is not up to date. How do I get this updated?
You can reach the Fleet Operations Administration Office by calling 360-664-9215 and follow the prompts. You can also do the same when trying to reach the Dispatch team. Fleet Operations is the only organization that can update your information.
- Where can I pick up a state vehicle?
Fones Road reservations vehicles can be picked up at 1312 Fones Rd SE Bldg. 4, Olympia WA 98501.
INVERS reservations vehicles can be picked up at these locations:
- Capitol Campus Plaza Garage, Level D. Key boxes are located next to the Washington St entrance, on the left side.
- Tumwater DOH TC-3 Level 5. Key boxes are located inside the TC-3 building entrance, on the left side.
- Tumwater Vans. Key boxes and Vans are located in the northeast corner of the Print and Imaging parking lot.
- When can I pick up a state vehicle?
Fones Road reservation vehicles can only be picked up during business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday, except holidays. They can be returned at any time.
INVERS reservation vehicles can be picked up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can be returned at any time.
- How do I pick up a state vehicle?
- Park your vehicle in one of our designated DES Fleet Operations stalls. If you are returning during business hours, go through the gate and park in our fenced parking lot. If you cannot find parking or not sure where to park come into the office and let us know. DO NOT park in Tri-City Meats parking lot, you will be towed.
- Go to the Dispatch office, give them your name and have your driver's license available for verification.
- Dispatch will verify your reservation information and give you the keys to the vehicle.
- Park your vehicle in one of our designated DES Fleet Operations stalls. You are allowed to park your personal vehicle in our stalls during your trip.
- Go to the key boxes (box 1) and put your access code in using the key pad.
- Follow the instructions listed on the screen and open the corresponding key box door.
- Remove the set of keys with the Green flashing light and close the door.
- Your reservation has started and you are ready for your trip.