The Human Resource Recruitment Team is here to help. DES Recruitment has a dedicated staff to coordinate and provide guidance and support throughout the hiring process. Recruiters work with hiring managers and provide expert consultation, practical tools and customized services to help you recruit the best talent.
This page is designed to provide clear guidance for effective consistent recruitment. This will ensure a transparent and fair process with clear communication of useful information on recruitment best practices. All recruitments and the hiring process for DES jobs are managed through the Online Recruitment System (OLRS). This is also referred to as NEOGOV.
- Where do I start?
To begin recruitment, you will need to submit the following required forms to your assigned HR Business Partner:
Once you provide these forms to your HR Business Partner, they will either work with you to establish and/or allocate the position or send the recruitment forms along to the recruitment team.
- Marketing my position - Where are good places to post?
Recruitments are posted on careers.wa.gov. For additional advertising locations and strategies, refer to the links below. Note: All costs associated with additional advertising must be paid by your agency's budget.
- How do I screen my candidates?
Please note, you will only receive applicants who pass the initial assessment unless you indicate otherwise to our recruiters.
- How do I conduct interviews?
- Interview Panel Briefing Information
- Structured Behavioral Based Interview Guide
- Interview Panel Member Confidentiality Agreement
- Guideline for Interview Invitation Follow-Up Email
- Interview Panel Lead Information
- Interview Question Samples - Select Competencies
- Mitigating Implicit Bias in Hiring Training
- How do I conduct reference checks?
- I am ready to hire - What is next?
Congratulations! Inform your final candidate of the offer. Be sure you are aware of the Equal Pay and Opportunities Act Guidance before engaging in salary negotiations. Once your candidate accepts, you will:
- Tools and Resources