Benefits for Carpool/Rideshare Parkers
Employees who carpool or rideshare may qualify for reduced rate or free parking:
|Carpool||3 or more on-campus employees; only one authorized vehicle at any given time||Free|
|Rideshare||2 on-campus employees; only one authorized vehicle at any given time||$17.50 per person|
How to Register for Carpool or Rideshare Parking
Car or vanpool:
- Vanpool/Carpool lead must register or update by using the online parking registration form.
- A vanpool/carpool placard will be issued and must be updated every three months.
- Both parties must register or update by using the online parking registration form - In the "comments" area include the intent to rideshare and name of rideshare participants.
- If applicable, remove and return parking stickers to Parking Services at MS: 41025.
- A rideshare placard will be issued and must be updated every three months.
If you are a commuter who needs to park on those occasional days when you don’t use an alternative to driving alone, you might be eligible for a day-pass. Instead of paying $16 at the parking meter, you can park in a garage or lot with a day pass for $2.80.
Who can purchase a day pass?
Employees who have flex schedules or participate in commute trip reduction programs are eligible to purchase a $2.80 day pass.
Where can I get a day pass?
Day passes are available for purchase with debit or credit cards at any parking meter on the Capitol Campus. Choose the “Day Pass CTR” option for the $2.80 fee.
Where can I park with a day pass?
You can park in the lot or garage that is designated for your building or in the Plaza Garage. Employees who work in the 1500 Jefferson Building can park in the Plaza Garage with a day pass.
If a carpool rider has been a carpooler for the amount of time it would take to wait on a waiting list for individual parking, they can park in that specific garage when they reach the top of the waiting list.