Human Resource Development
This class covers how an HR professional develops, implements, and evaluates activities and programs that address employee training and development, performance appraisal, talent and performance management, and the unique needs of employees, to ensure that the knowledge, skills, abilities, and performance of the workforce meet current and future organizational and individual needs.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Ensure that HR development programs are compliant with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Develop/select and implement employee training programs to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Apply proper training design and evaluation methods.
- Develop/select and evaluate performance appraisal programs and processes.
- Implement training programs for performance evaluators.
- Recognize general organizational development theories and applications.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate performance management programs and procedures., such as goal setting, job rotations, promotions, etc.
- Recognize and match appropriate training methods, facilitation techniques, instructional methods, program delivery mechanisms to the participant’s needs.
Competencies Covered: Human resources development, employee evaluation
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: Human Resource Essentials