About the policy:
- Its purpose is to increase purchases of goods and services from Washington small, diverse and veteran-owned businesses.
- It includes accountability measures for agency leadership.
- DES will consider agencies’ compliance with the policy as part of the risk assessment that determines agencies’ delegated procurement authority.
- Interactive supplier diversity handbook
- Find small, diverse, or veteran-owned businesses on statewide contracts
- Forecasting reports template
Available in Washington State Learning Center
Required training: Available in Washington State Learning Center
Training must be complete by April 1, 2023
- Procurement professionals and contract managers course name: WA State Supplier Diversity Training
- Agency leaders course name: WA State Contracts and Procurement for Executives Training
Resources for purchasers
- Join the Supplier Diversity Community of Practice for purchasers
- OMWBE, DES workshops for implementing supplier diversity strategies - register now!
- Subscribe to updates about this policy
- For state agency purchasers and leaders: Supplier diversity introductory slides (PDF, 1.14 MB)
- Video recording of the morning session
- Video recording of the afternoon session