Design Principles: What You Need To Know
Do you need to create a stunning brochure, marketing piece or newsletter and don’t know where to begin? Do you regularly create communications pieces, but never had any formal training in graphic or web design? Do you just want to refine your skills by learning the basics of great design? If any of these apply to you, then Mastering Basic Design Principles is for you.
This two-day course will include the basic principles, elements, and vocabulary of designing for both print and the web.
This is the forth recommended class in the Graphic Design Certificate.
Performance Objectives: Upon successful completion of this class you should be able to:
- Explain how to use typography, color, layout and more.
- Identify design components such as photos, borders and backgrounds, etc. for both print and web.
- Recognize the components of design by using the principles of placement, grouping, alignment flow and space to create cohesive and pleasing designs.
- Explain and apply solid foundational knowledge of design principles.
- Understand and apply which program is best for completing your design work.
Competencies covered in this course: Design principles overview
Audience: Anyone working with general design communication for print or web.