Workforce Planning and Employment
This class covers how an HR professional develops, implements, and evaluates sourcing, recruitment, hiring, orientation, succession planning, retention, and organizational exit programs necessary to ensure the workforce’s ability to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
This course is a required for the Human Resources Certificate and is designed around HRCI® and SHRM exam content areas to prepare you for the examination.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe federal/state/local employment-related laws and regulations related to workforce planning and employment.
- Use quantitative analyses to assess past and future staffing effectiveness.
- Utilize recruitment sources for targeting passive, semi-active, and active candidates.
- Use effective recruitment strategies and planning techniques.
- Identify staffing alternatives.
- Understand the reliability and validity of selection tests/tool/methods.
- Explain the use and interpretation of selection tests.
- Apply appropriate interviewing techniques.
- Understand best practices for relocation.
- Recognize the impact of total rewards on recruitment and retention.
- Explain voluntary and involuntary terminations, downsizing, restructuring, and outplacement strategies and practices.
- Apply internal workforce assessment techniques and employment policies, practices and procedures.
- Explain the importance of employer marketing and branding techniques.
- Make use of negotiation skills and techniques.
Competencies Covered: Workforce planning as it relates to human resources
Intended Audience: Individuals seeking to enter the field of human resources; non-HR professionals in supervisory roles who have the responsibility for interviewing, training, evaluating, or disciplining employees; and new or experienced managers interested in learning more about efficient employee management skills
Prerequisite: Human Resource Essentials