Join the Small Works Roster
The Small Works Roster (SWR) is a listing of State of Washington licensed contractors who have applied for and been placed on the roster. The SWR:
- is used for projects under $350,000.
- makes it easier for contractors to compete for public works projects.
- helps reduce the cost of bidding small projects.
Please see the frequently asked questions below for more information.
How do I apply for the SWR?
Apply online at Small Works Roster application.
How does the SWR work?
- Contractors apply to be placed on the roster.
- Organizations use the roster to generate a list of contractors based on the contractor type, type of work, and project location.
- Contractors on the list receive instructions, usually by e-mail, on how to obtain project documents; interested contractors may respond.
When are applications accepted?
Applications are accepted any time. We advertise the SWR annually. Additional work categories may be added at this time.
How often do I have to update my information?
You may update your information at any time. It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date. Since firms are notified of bid requests by email, it is very important that the roster address is correct.
My firm is not required to have a contractors license. Should I still apply for the SWR?
The SWR is for State of Washington licensed contractors. If your firm is not required to have a contractors license for your type of business, learn how to receive notice for other bid opportunities.