Resources for All Employees
Suicide Prevention and Intervention Resources
The Suicide Prevention and Intervention Resources page is designed to support Washington State government and public employees in preventing and responding to suicide.
Local, Statewide and National Crisis Resources
Crises are inevitable. The ability to respond to, cope with and manage crises are enhanced when we use the available crisis resources.
- Washington Recovery Helpline (for mental health, substance use or gambling challenges)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – call (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line – to Connect with a Crisis Counselor, text “Heal” to 741741
Please check COVID-19 Resources for a continually-updated list of resources.
EAP Resource Guides
The EAP provides the resource guides below in response to specific needs.
- Community Violence: Support and Resources (January 2023)
- Coping with Fear of Violence: School Shootings
- Community Violence: Support and Resources
- Conflict in Ukraine - Crisis Support and Resources
- Afghanistan Crisis Support Resource Guide
- Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander Violence Resource Guide
- Community Crisis Support Resource Guide
- COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Well-Being Resource Guide
- Mass Violence Events Resource Guide
- Navigating Difficult Times Support Resource Guide
- Parent and Caregiver Resource Guide
- Post-election Support Resource Guide
- Post-George Floyd/Derek Chauvin Resource Guide
- Russia/Ukraine Conflict Crisis Support Resource Guide
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Resource Guide
- WA State EAP Resources - September 2021 Handout
EAP Webinars and Publications
The EAP provides live and on-demand webinars and publications to promote well-being and improved performance in the workplace.
Grief and Loss in the Workplace
- How Leaders Can Support Employees After Loss or Trauma (PDF, EAP Handout)
- Living with Anticipatory Grief (PDF, EAP Handout)
- When a Coworker Dies (PDF, EAP Handout)
- When a Coworker is Grieving (PDF, EAP Handout)
- When Someone Dies by Suicide (PDF, EAP Handout)
- When There's Been a Sudden Death (PDF, EAP Handout)
- When There's Been a Violent Death (PDF, EAP Handout)
The EAP offers enhanced Work/Life Resources (legal assistance, financial counseling and an employee support website) by contract to state agencies, higher education institutions and other public organizations throughout Washington State.
Racism & Mental Health Resources
The EAP recognizes racism’s impact on the mental health of Black, Indigenous, and other people of Color (BIPOC). Please visit Racism & Mental Health Resources for a continually-updated list of resources.
SmartHealth is Washington State's voluntary wellness program. Please visit the SmartHealth site for more information.
Resources for Supervisors, Managers and Human Resources
Please visit the Supervisors page to view and access guides and resources.